Passenger bill of rights
All Meraj air passengers are subject to the law determining the limits of liability of Iranian airlines (approved by the Islamic Consultative Assembly in 2012).
The law governs the liability of Air carriers and clarifies the limits of obligations in the event of an accident resulting in bodily injury or death of the passenger or damage to the baggage and luggage. Therefore, Meraj Air considers to be obliged to the rights of passengers as described in the provisions of this law only and equally.
- Flight times on the ticket or passenger receipt are the departure times of the aircraft.
We will provide carriage only to the passenger named on the ticket and only upon presentation of a valid ticket. We reserve the right to verify your identity. The ticket is and remains at all times the property of the issuing carrier. The ticket constitutes evidence of the contract of carriage between us and the passenger. The Conditions of Contract contained in the ticket are a summary of the provisions of these Conditions of Carriage.
You must be present at the boarding gate no later than the time specified by us when you check in. We have the right to cancel your booking if you fail to arrive at the boarding gate in time. We accept no liability for any damages or expenses incurred solely by your failure to comply with these conditions or the conditions of our partners (Code Share, Interlining, Charter).
passengers must check in no later than 45 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure time in domestic flights and 3 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time in international flights.
- All applicable taxes, fees and other charges imposed by the state or local government or by another authority, or by the operator of an airport with regard to the passenger or services provided to the passenger, shall be paid by you in addition to the airfare. When you buy your ticket, you will be informed of such taxes, fees and other charges that are not included in the airfare. These are usually also shown additionally on your ticket an may differ upon flying time due to official changes informed to us.
-You must not include in your baggage:
items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board of the aircraft, such as those specified in the Civil Aviation organization of the I.R. of IRAN (CAO) or ICAO or IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, which are obtainable from us or the travel agency that issued the ticket. These include in particular explosives, compressed gases, oxidising, radioactive or magnetised materials, materials that are easily ignited, and poisonous or aggressive substances. And items for which carriage is prohibited by the applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state to be flown from, to or over; items which are dangerous or unsafe or, due to their weight, size, shape or character as well as due to being fragile, perishable or delicate, are unsuitable for carriage; further explanation regarding concrete individual cases can be obtained from us directly or from the travel agency that issued the ticket;
-We request that you refuse to take any baggage on board that you have received from strangers either in your carry-on baggage or checked baggage otherwise you considered to be the owner of it.
-You must notify us before starting your trip if you are carrying weapons of any kind on your person or in your baggage.
We are not liable for any high valuable items such as gold, mobile phones etc. if these, despite being prohibited, are deliberately included in your checked baggage and you may consider to purchase insurance etc. for them.
-Each flight coupon will be accepted only for carriage in the travel class specified on it and for the day and flight for which there is a seat reservation. For tickets without a seat reservation, a seat may be reserved later if there is still one available on the desired flight. Certain tariffs are subject to conditions which limit your right to change or cancel reservations. For the detailed terms and conditions, please refer to the respective fare conditions.
-Your illness must be verified by a medical certificate.
- If you are a passenger with a disability or illness or if you require any special assistance, you must inform us in advance. Passengers who have informed us of their special needs when purchasing their ticket and who have been accepted for carriage will not be refused carriage on the grounds of their need for assistance.
- Children under the age of five may only travel when accompanied by an adult who is at least 18 years old. The carriage of unaccompanied children between the ages of 5 and 12 must be registered in advance via phone. Travel is subject to the relevant published price as well as the conditions published at our sales offices or at the travel agency that issued the ticket.
Definition of Terms:
Unless the wording or the context requires a different interpretation, the following expressions have the meaning assigned to them below:
is a document for the carrier issued by us or on our behalf marked as a "ticket and baggage receipt" or as an "electronic ticket"; the Conditions of Contract and notices, as well as the flight and passenger coupons contained within it, are components of the ticket.
is a ticket saved in our booking system, either by us or on our behalf, verifiable with the "Itinerary Receipt" issued to the passenger.
is the carrier who transports the passenger and/or the passenger’s baggage as stated on the ticket and whose Airline Designator Code appears on the ticket or on a conjunction ticket.
Law, regulations & Convention
refers to whichever one of the following statutory regulations applies:
The law of determining the limits of liability of Iranian airlines (approved by the Islamic Consultative Assembly in 2012).
The Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed in Warsaw on 12 October 1929;
• The Warsaw Convention as amended on 28 September 1955;
Air transportation will provide only according to these law and rules and regulations with following terms and conditions:
- Terms specified in your ticket
- Based on the tariffs and executive procedures of the carrier company
- Terms of the carrier and related regulations that are part of this contract.
- Our name may be abbreviated on the ticket to our Airline Designator Code, or otherwise. Our address may also be deemed to be the airport of departure, shown opposite to the first abbreviation of our name on the ticket.
- Stopoveris a break in a journey requested by the passenger at a place between the place of departure and place of destination that has been approved by us in advance.
-Agreed Stopover Places
Within the meaning of the Convention and the Conditions of Carriage, these are places stated on the ticket or timetable of the carrier as scheduled landing points on the passenger’s itinerary, with the exception of the places of departure and destination.
- Exclusions and limits to our liability also apply accordingly in favour of our staff, representatives and any person whose aircraft we use, including their employees and representatives. The total amount of the damage claim that we and the persons mentioned above are liable to pay may not exceed the maximum compensation amounts that apply.
Damage to or loss or destruction of baggage
- In the event of damage to or loss or destruction of baggage, the passenger must request compensation from the airline as soon as possible in writing or in written text format officially. In the event of damages to checked baggage, the passenger must request compensation in writing or in text format within 7 days of the receipt of the damaged baggage, or within 21 days of the receipt of delayed baggage.
- The weight of each piece of baggage may not exceed 20 kilograms.
- Only staff associated with baggage claims settlement should become involved in discussions concerning financial settlement of claims; however other airport staff are aware of Meraj Air legal situation. Meraj Air liability to pay compensation is limited and is calculated on the weight of baggage lost, damaged, pilfered or delayed in transit. It is in no way an insurance or an automatic payment and all claims are subject to proof of value.
-By our Conditions of carriage no liability is accepted for the loss of money, jewelry or any other similar valuables from checked baggage because it is considered that such items should be carried on the person or in cabin baggage. Queries about insurance negotiations/settlements asked from the Baggage Claims Supervisor.
- We are not liable for damages caused by items in your baggage, unless it is due to gross negligence or an intentional act on our part. If these items cause damage to the baggage of other passengers or our property, you are obliged to compensate us for all damages and expenses resulting thereof.
-Any item of passenger baggage with a measurement greater than these may need to be handled as Out Of Gauge (OOG) baggage and will require more time to pass through airport baggage processes. No guarantees should be given to passengers with OOG baggage that their baggage will travel on their flights if they are transferring close to the recommended Minimum Connection Time (MCT) or checking in close to the recommended check-in time. Also All Out Of Gauge baggage must carry a Limited Release Tag. Also The Security Staff at certain airports may refuse to allow electrical items such as radios or tape recorders to be carried as hand baggage. The Limited Release Tag should be completed and attached to the item refused by Security. If possible the item may then be loaded in the hold as checked baggage.
-Airlines are not liable for the security of passengers cabin baggage or other items not declared as hold baggage at the time of aircraft departure. However morally and for customer service reasons Meraj Air determined to ensure that every effort is made to find and return personal possessions intact to their rightful owner.
-In the event that lost unchecked property is found by Meraj Air and the company assumes guardianship of it by treating it as found unchecked property, Meraj Air becomes liable as bailer. When Meraj Air are being handled by an agent, the handling agent shall prepare the report and hand it to the Meraj Airport (or Duty) Manager.
- We reserve the right to assign or reassign seats at any time, even after boarding the aircraft. This may be necessary for operational, safety or security reasons. If you have paid for an advance seat reservation and your flight is cancelled or if the seat is reallocated to another seat category for safety or operational reasons, we will reimburse you the cost of the seat category. You will not be reimbursed if you do not take the flight of your own volition, rebook to another travel class or if you have given incorrect information about your suitability to use a seat by the emergency exit.
- Any of our staff, representatives and any person whose aircraft not allowed to change the limitations and liabilities of Meraj Air responsibilities.
Required information about mobile software